Applications are due by 9:00 am on Monday, March 22, 2021
The Biotech Career Development Program (BCDP), formerly the Biotech Career Exploration Program, is a structured program to educate, train, and provide career exposure to many aspects of biotechnology outside of the traditional academic tenure-track faculty position.
Throughout the program, trainees will engage in a series of workshops, seminars, and panel discussions to explore career options and prepare for an experiential learning opportunity with an on-campus unit, small business startup, large corporation, non-profit organization, governmental agency, law firm, or any additional non-academic entity.
- Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career scientists
- Identify and explore non-academic career options based on your interest
- Develop desirable employment skills based on specific competencies
- Provide a structured and collaborative skill development and experiential learning placement program for graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career scientists from life science programs
- Offer non-academic employers access to trained students, fellows, and early-career scientists and serve as a single point of contact for workforce recruitment and development in the life sciences.
Applications are due by 9:00am on Monday, March 22, 2021.
- Get more information from our 2021 Info Session Slidedeck.
Phase I: Career Exploration and Skill Building
Themed career panels, workshops, and seminars will provide participants with a greater understanding of non-academic career options and core skills required to be successful. In addition, participants will meet regularly as a cohort to conduct additional career research and share experiences.
Phase II: Experiential Learning
At the conclusion of Phase I, participants can choose to pursue an experiential learning opportunity that best fits their desired career trajectory and current academic obligations based on available options.
Beth Bodiya, MS – Postdoc Coordinator, Career and Professional Development Team Member – OGPS
Maggie Gardner, PhD – Career and Professional Development Coordinator – OGPS
Jon Servoss, MS – Director of Educational Initiatives at Fast Forward Medical Innovation
Shoba Subramanian, PhD – Director of Curriculum and Educational Initiatives, Career and Professional Development Team Lead – OGPS
Mohammad (Faraz) Farazudden, PhD – Lab Specialist Senior – Food & Allergy Center
Isha Verma, PhD – Postdoctoral Fellow – Neurology
Xin Wen – PhD Candidate – Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology