Fellowships and Funding Resources
Please note that listings on this page are updated approximately twice per month.
Internal Fellowships and Funding Resources
- Maas Professional Development Award – The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies supports our graduate trainees in professional development opportunities such as non-scientific conferences and workshops. Eligible applicants will be graduate students in good academic standing who are actively pursuing a degree in one of the 14 degree-granting programs within PIBS. Application deadlines are rolling and will be reviewed at the end of each month. Grants are up to $500.
- Rackham Professional Development Grant – Looking for funding for professional development workshops, training, activities, etc? Apply for a Professional Development Grant. Application deadlines are rolling. Grants are up to $400.
- Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Award – The Office of Postdoctoral Studies provides $500 travel support to Postdoctoral Fellows whose first author abstracts are selected for oral or poster sessions at a conference or meeting. Each year, 20 travel grants will be awarded. Applications are due January 31 for meetings March 1-June 30. Applications are due May 15 for meetings July 1-December 31.
- Michigan Medicine Corporate and Foundation Relations: Curated Source for Discovering Funding Opportunities. The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations within Michigan Medicine is a centralized office that helps to foster relationships between Michigan Medicine and companies and private professional foundations. Part of the Office of Development, we help faculty and external funding partners connect and collaborate to advance mutual goals that align with the university’s research, teaching, and clinical care mission.
External Fellowships and Funding Resources
Michigan Medicine Corporate and Foundation Relations Funding Opportunities – The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations within Michigan Medicine is a centralized office that helps to foster relationships between Michigan Medicine and companies and private professional foundations. The office helps faculty and external funding partners connect and collaborate to advance mutual goals that align with the university’s research, teaching, and clinical care mission.
- Genetics Society of America Policy Fellowship Database
- Hertz Foundation Fellowship – Applications due October 23, 2019.
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Travel Awards – Categories include childcare, early-career faculty, grad student/postdoc, under-represented minorities, and undergraduate faculty. Due November 27, 2019.
- Branco Weiss Fellowship – Society in Science – This postdoc program awards young researchers around the world with a generous personal research grant for up to give years. It is designed to support postdoctoral researchers after their PhD and before their first faculty appointment. Current postdocs are also eligible. Ideally, fellows pursue unconventional projects in new areas of science, engineering, and social sciences. Applications close January 15, 2020.
Last edited on October 11, 2019.