- This event has passed.
Resumes – Communicate Your Value Series
October 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A successful job search requires that you can effectively communicate your value and how it aligns with the position and/or organization. Each application document you submit or interaction you have presents a unique opportunity for you to highlight your talents.
You have a CV. Now, how do you communicate all of your value in a shorter, more succinct resume?
During this session you will:
- Learn about the main purpose and uses of a resume,
- Learn the basic outline of a good resume and its format,
- Learn to tailor your document to the purpose of its final use.
- Transferable Skills – Thursday, September 17 @ 2:00 pm
- CVs and Biosketches – Friday, October 23 @ 2:00 pm
- Resumes – Friday, October 30 @ 2:00 pm
- Cover Letters – Friday, November 13 @ 2:00 pm
- Interviews – Friday, December 11 @ 2:00 pm
- Scientific Job Talks – Tuesday, December 15 @ 3:00 pm