- This event has passed.
Cover Letters – Communicate Your Value Series
November 13, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A successful job search requires that you can effectively communicate your value and how it aligns with the position and/or organization. Each application document you submit or interaction you have presents a unique opportunity for you to highlight your talents.
A CV or resume provides data about a job applicant, while a cover letter conveys your value in a unique story.
During this session, you will:
- Learn the basic purpose and structure of a cover letter,
- Learn how to tailor a cover letter to effectively communicate how your career trajectory and aspirations align with those of the organization/role for which you are applying.
- Transferable Skills – Thursday, September 17 @ 2:00 pm
- CVs and Biosketches – Friday, October 23 @ 2:00 pm
- Resumes – Friday, October 30 @ 2:00 pm
- Cover Letters – Friday, November 13 @ 2:00 pm
- Interviews – Friday, December 11 @ 2:00 pm
- Scientific Job Talks – Tuesday, December 15 @ 3:00 pm