- This event has passed.
Creating Figures and Diagrams in Adobe Illustrator – Part 1: The Basics
June 1 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Back by popular demand! Join the OGPS CPD Team for a two-part workshop on the basics of creating figures using Adobe Illustrator. This workshop is offered as part of a multi-part Science Communication Series.
This workshop is intended for researchers who have limited or no experience with Adobe Illustrator. The workshop will cover the essential tools that you’ll need start creating figures and model diagrams for your papers, posters and talks. By the end, you will have made a simple diagram on your own computer, using the most important basic tools in Illustrator.
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other programs are available for free to all active students and postdocs with staff appointments: https://its.umich.edu/computing/computers-software/adobe-creative-cloud
This webinar will be conducted by PIBS Director and Cell and Developmental Biology Faculty Dr. Scott Barolo.Register
Zoom info provided with registration.
Check out the entire Science Communication Series:
- May 20 – The Art and Science of Storytelling in Science Communication
- June 1 & 8 – Creating Figures and Diagrams in Adobe Illustrator (Two Parts)
- June 14 & 21 – Best Practices for Manuscript Writing (Two Parts)
- July 9 – Demystifying Peer Review
- July 23 – Endnote Basics for Citation Management
- July 27 – How to Prepare and Give a Good Scientific Presentation
- August 6 – Learn the Hidden Tools of Microsoft Word to Ease Writing