- This event has passed.
Creating Figures and Diagrams in Adobe Illustrator – Part 2: Beyond The Basics
June 8 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Back by popular demand! Join the OGPS CPD Team for a two-part workshop on the basics of creating figures using Adobe Illustrator. This workshop is offered as part of a multi-part Science Communication Series.
In part 2, we will build scientific figures in Illustrator with images and graphs imported from Photoshop and Prism; we will dig deeper into the cool things you can do with the tools we learned in Part 1; and we will scratch the surface of new tricks such as gradients, layers, and masks. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other programs are available for free to all active students and postdocs with staff appointments.
This webinar will be conducted by PIBS Director and Cell and Developmental Biology Faculty Dr. Scott Barolo.Register
Zoom info provided with registration.
Check out the entire Science Communication Series:
- May 20 – The Art and Science of Storytelling in Science Communication
- June 1 & 8 – Creating Figures and Diagrams in Adobe Illustrator (Two Parts)
- June 14 & 21 – Best Practices for Manuscript Writing (Two Parts)
- July 9 – Demystifying Peer Review
- July 23 – Endnote Basics for Citation Management
- July 27 – How to Prepare and Give a Good Scientific Presentation
- August 6 – Learn the Hidden Tools of Microsoft Word to Ease Writing