- This event has passed.
Demystifying Peer Review
July 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Back by popular demand!
Peer review is central to scholarly publishing and professional science communication. The peer review system aims to assess the rigor of academic work, improve the quality of published research, and share information within the research community. Learn about principles of peer review, how to wear your “reviewer’s hat” when crafting your own manuscripts, and how to thoughtfully address reviewer concerns. We will also discuss how pre-prints fit into the process of peer review and publication, as well as different models of peer review that are emerging.Register
Check out the entire Science Communication Series:
- May 20 – The Art and Science of Storytelling in Science Communication
- June 1 & 8 – Creating Figures and Diagrams in Adobe Illustrator (Two Parts)
- June 14 & 21 – Best Practices for Manuscript Writing (Two Parts)
- July 9 – Demystifying Peer Review
- July 23 – Endnote Basics for Citation Management
- July 27 – How to Prepare and Give a Good Scientific Presentation
- August 6 – Learn the Hidden Tools of Microsoft Word to Ease Writing