Program in Biomedical Sciences
PIBS 503: Research Responsibility & Ethics
NIH mandates 8 hours of discussion to include:
• Fraud, Fabrication, and Plagiarism
• Data Storage, Ownership, and Peer Review
• Animal Use and Care
• Human Subjects Research and IRBs
• Conflict of Interest
• Research in the Global Workplace
• Dual Use Issues
• Face-to-face discussion with PI about ethical practices particular to project/laboratory
Graduate Students: Register for PIBS 503 (1 credit) in Wolverine Access.
Postdoctoral Fellows, K99/K08 Awardees, UROP Students, PREP Scholars, and individuals renewing their training: DO NOT register for the course in Wolverine Access (you will receive a certificate, but not an official grade). Please contact the course administrator, Kathryn Melvin, to request a spot in the course. Deadline for 2018 enrollment: Oct. 1.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: PEERRS (the online ethics course for faculty) does NOT satisfy this requirement for students and postdoctoral fellows according to the NIH.