PIBS 722: Writing and Publishing Scientific Manuscripts
PIBS 722 is a writing course for PhD students, particularly during their third year or beyond. In order to participate, students must have a project that is ready to be written up into a manuscript. By the end of the course, students will have a polished manuscript ready for submission.
This course is cross listed with PHRMACOL722. The instructor is Dr. Manoj Puthenveedu, Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacology.
Part 1: Learn to be an effective writer
- Understand elements of publishing
- Review principles of powerful writing
- Pick up tips on how to streamline your workflow
Part 2: Create your manuscript
- Write sections of your manuscript
- Deconstruct, edit, and review each other’s work
- Synthesize a submission-ready manuscript
Email inquiries can be sent to Dr. Manoj Puthenveedu at firstname.lastname@example.org.